30.10.07

Internship Update!

I've been shooting some at the local fair and mostly riding with other photographers at this point, however, I'm supposed to be going on my own assignments soon. I was able to ride in a helicopter at the fair which is how I was able to capture the overview. The butterfly guy below was an interesting character as well (no butterflies were harmed, well maybe mentally, but not physically).


Billy McCord, a wildlife biologist for the Department of Natural Resources, temporarily holds the Monarch butterflies in his mouth before placing them in an envelope where they are kept until they are tagged and released Monday afternoon, Oct. 29, 2007, at Folly Beach, SC.



Billy McCord, a wildlife biologist for the Department of Natural Resources, tags two Monarch butterflies before releasing them Monday afternoon, Oct. 29, 2007, at Folly Beach, SC.





Isa Jackson, 10, of Summerville, SC, adds construction paper cut-outs to her pumpkin at the 4-H Club Pumpkin Decorating Contest Saturday afternoon at the Coastal Carolina Fair at Exchange Park in Ladson, SC. It is Jackson's third year being a member of the Charleston Clover 4-H Club.

They needed a photograph of a flag to run soon for Veteran's Day and drove by this on my day off. The flag was massive, at least 20 feet in width, and the sky looked as though it were on fire, the biggest trouble was finding an angle with no power lines, trees, streetlights, etc. and waiting for a strong enough gust to get it to blow in the wind.

3 comments:

Emily Veon said...

Jessey, these are really GREAT!

Alexa's Photography said...

You are amazing.
Marry me?

Kidding, but really... great work Jessey. Keep it up!

Robert Howington said...

Jessey, I know you told me to trash your photos, but it's kind of hard. I especially like the man with the butterfly in his mouth. Really good intensity and personality. Great flag color.